Malta Communications Authority (MCA)
Description of all manuals and similar types of documents which contain policies, principles, rules or guidelines in accordance with which decisions or recommendations are made in respect of members of the public (including bodies corporate and employees of the public authority in their personal capacity)
Statement of the information that needs to be available to members of the public who wish to obtain access to official documents from the public authority, which statement shall include particulars of the officer or officers to whom requests for such access should be sent
The FOI officers of the Malta Communications Authority may be contacted by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +356 21336840.
Details of Internal Complaints Procedure
An applicant can make use of MCA’s Internal Complaints Procedure if:
- His/her request for information is refused.
- He/she is not satisfied with the information provided.
- He/she is not satisfied with the format of the information provided.
- He/she is not satisfied with the extension of the deadline for the submission of the information.
- He/she feels that there was a failure to meet deadlines or to send notifications
The complaint will be addressed to the MCA’s FOI Officer, who shall bring the complaint to the attention of his Chief Officer
The officer responsible shall:
- Reply to the applicant within 10 working days from the receipt of the complaint and inform the applicant of the decision taken with respect to his/her complaint.
- If the Officer confirms that the information is not to be granted, this decision must be justified.
- The applicant is also informed that he/she may appeal the decision or otherwise address a complaint to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (Cap. 496 of the Laws of Malta).
Where the request for information can be met, but has not been met within the deadlines specified by the Act the officer responsible shall waive any applicable fees for the submission of information.
In the case of complaints is related to the format of the information provided or to an extension of the deadline for the submission of information by the MCA, and the original decision is upheld, the applicant shall be given an explanation as to why his or her complaint cannot be positively addressed.
Relevant Forms including the Complaint Form may be accessed from the website www.foi.gov.mt
Days and times when MCA will be receiving requests or complaints related to the Freedom of Information Act:
Monday to Friday – 9am to 2.30pm (winter and summer).
NB: Requests not received during these days and times will be processed on the next working day.
Payment for requests may be made in person at the Reception Area of the Malta Communications Authority at Valletta Waterfront, Pinto Wharf, Floriana, FRN1913, Malta or by cheque payable to the Malta Communications Authority.
Public Authority Contact Details
Malta Communications Authority