These are dynamic times and society is in a continued state of technology-led transition. As the Independent Statutory Authority for telecommunications and postal industry, the MCA continues to draw on the Government Agenda to place Malta as a front-runner in the adoption of digital technologies and proactive strategies.
The MCA's strategic objectives are stated below:
- Promoting and safeguarding competition in the electronic communications sector.
- Ensuring that electronic communications undertakings provide a transparent, value-for-money service to users whilst adhering to incumbent social obligations.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of electronic communications regulatory policy.
- Facilitating the development and uptake of eCommerce and other online services.
- Supervising the provision of electronic signatures and trust services.
- Safeguarding sustainable competition in the Postal Sector.
- Ensuring that postal undertakings provide a transparent, value-for-money service to users whilst adhering to incumbent social obligations.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of Postal regulatory policy.
- Achieving widespread e-literacy and digital inclusion.
Business Development and Innovation
- Promoting and facilitating business development and innovation in the sectors under the MCA’s purview.