Position Title: Market Analyst
Section: Policy and Planning
Reporting to: Manager, Market Review
- Define and assess electronic communications and postal markets, taking utmost account of EU Commission Guidelines and in accordance with MCA criteria.
- Analyse the extent of competition in identified markets on an ongoing basis and designate operators as having Significant Market Power (SMP) on the basis of findings.
- Monitor and report on relevant market developments on an ongoing basis.
- Manage or participate in other initiatives as may from time to time be necessary.
- Contribute towards the achievement of MCA objectives.
- Follow-up and report to Management Team on position deliverables on a regular basis.
- Publish related consultation documents and decisions as necessary.
- Interact with EU National Regulatory Authorities, BEREC, the EU Commission, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings held locally and abroad involving BEREC and other workgroups as necessary, as well as in BEREC Expert Review teams.
- Draw up and publish bi-annual sector performance reports as well as any other relevant documents.
- Carry out periodic surveys to gather additional information on market competition.
- Carry out any policy analysis in relation to relevant areas of study.
- Provide expert advice on relevant subject matter areas, internally within MCA as well as to other Maltese entities and overseas NRAs and other relevant organisations.
- Manage the engagement and productivity levels of external contractors consistent with sound project management practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned and undertake other assignments as directed by the Chief Policy and Planning.
- Carry out market reviews and analyses and recommends any resultant action.
- Prepare impact assessment reports as required by the Chief Policy & Planning.
- Collect and maintain statistical information required for analysis purposes.
- Disseminate information to the rest of the Authority as required.
- Conduct research on local and international developments in the assigned policy field and maintains a database of information and material accessible to all staff.
- Contribute to the review and possible refinement of internal procedures and processes in particular those with a high content of customer interface.
- Draft consultation papers and deals with the related processes leading up to the decision phase.
- Interact with external stakeholders as required.
- Manage and/or participate in projects as assigned.
- Communicate with the Operators and other key industry clients to obtain required market information and to consult on matters pertaining to market analysis.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Senior Management Team to facilitate a cohesive and integrated approach in the Authority’s operations and the ultimate fulfilment of the Strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Consult other MCA units on matters where their input is required.
- Communicate with the EU Commission as required.
- Communicate with the Competition Authority (MCCAA) as required.
- Implement projects effectively: Methodology / Research / Analyses.
- Publish Consultation Documents and market development reports.
- Recommend way forward based on outcomes of analyses.
- Provide robust justification on recommendations.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics;
- Solid analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent command of verbal and written English and knowledge of Maltese language;
- Project management skills;
- Proficient use of office automation tools, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to lead and/or participate as a member of a team.
Candidates are invited to send their covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org