Designation: Junior Analyst (Communications & PR)
Functional Area: External Relations - Public Relations
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
Prime Focus of the Position
- Content manage the corporate website, social media pages, online tools, and electronic newsletter of the Malta Communications Authority in line with the Authority’s communications policies and analyse the effectiveness of these communication channels.
- Draft articles, press releases, social media post, and other communications material.
- Manage internal administrative processes including procurement of services/supplies in connection to the delivery of all communications activity.
- Support the Authority in the delivery of the communications strategy and plan including activities relating to campaigns, branding, media relations, events management, and the annual report.
- Participate and contribute towards the achievement of MCA objectives across all operational disciplines.
- Manage the MCA social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Specific tasks include: coordinating with internal Units to curate social media posts; designing and drawing up posts; uploading posts making best use of visual resources; obtaining and uploading videos and recordings.
- Develop monthly tracking and analysis to report on social media traffic.
- Monitor all social media pages and ensure appropriate and timely responses when required.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, and design, including new social media platforms, making appropriate recommendations on their use.
- Manage, maintain, produce and upload content on the MCA website.
- Review, and analyse website traffic, making recommendations on how the website’s effectiveness could be improved.
- Review of search engine optimisation metrics to ensure maximum exposure.
- Manage and maintain the Authority’s image and video library.
- Lead the production of the MCA’s monthly electronic newsletter.
- Draft posts, articles, press releases, and other content in Maltese and English, for relevant outreach activities.
- Ensure effective scanning of local media, including websites of interest, on a daily basis; maintain records of all articles relating to the communications sector; and advise on any remedial action that may need to be taken.
- Monitor the implementation of the Authority’s style guides for all external and, where appropriate, internal communications materials.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, campaigns, and policy submissions.
- Manage internal administrative processes relating to the procurement of communication supplies/services in line with the Authority’s procurement policies. Specific tasks include scoping of services/supplies required, drawing up of relevant technical specifications, and coordinating with Procurement to ensure sourcing of quotes/proposals, assessment of proposals, drawing up of letters of awards/contracts.
- Manage outsourced service/supply contracts, as may be assigned, in relation to communications and PR activity reviewing the deliverables.
- Report on a regular basis on PR projects and activity, bringing to the attention of his/her superior any delays/issues and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Support his/her superior in the development and publication of the Authority’s Annual Report. Specific tasks include: coordinating input from all the Authority’s Units; reviewing feedback to ensure consistency and flow and re-drafting where necessary; submitting to the media agency for layout; conducting proof-reading; coordinating distribution both electronic and printed versions.
- Support his/her superior, and other Units in the organisation of corporate events, including the MCA Biennial Conference, and thematic seminars and workshops
- Represent the MCA on the media including participation in television or radio programmes as may be required.
- Represent the MCA in relevant local/international activity such as meetings, fairs, seminars and conferences, when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
- External and Internal Communications
Key Selection Criteria
- Be in possession of a recognised qualifications at MQF level 6 in the area of Communication Studies, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Studies or a related discipline.
- Having experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Be highly organised and flexible.
- Be a dynamic, result-oriented and organised with a can-do attitude.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently as well as within a collaborative team.
- Be proficient in the latest suite of office automation and in using online media tools.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge and experience in video, digital or media production will be considered an asset.
Candidates are invited to send their covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Jobsplus Ref: 465/2020