Position Title: Financial Analyst (Economic)
Organisation: Malta Communications Authority
Reporting to: Chief of Operations; Manager, Market Modelling
Prime Focus of Position:
- Accountable to the Chief of Operations and the Manager, Market Modelling in the execution of projects and tasks (incl research, and analysis) in sectored areas falling under the regulatory supervision of the MCA.
- Participates and/or contributes towards the achievement of MCA objectives across operational disciplines.
- Assist in collecting information and analysing a wide range of subjects including market development, economic/accounting/market information, valuation methods and issues, and other processes related thereto, for Electronic Communication and Postal Services;
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing operator’s compliance with regulations;
- Assist in the implementation of the EU communications framework;
- Assist in carrying out market research on regulatory issues;
- Participates in or manages initiatives as assigned by the Chief of Operations and the Manager, Market Modelling.
- Assist to develop action plans and the formulation of well researched and coherent project plans or position papers on regulatory issues;
- Assist to review and update regulatory structures in respect of operational matters.
- Assist in carriying out research, assimilates markets intelligence, and recommends strategic options with respect to areas assigned;
- Assist in economic/financial modelling related to the regulation of market players;
- Assist in writing of public consultations, drafting of decisions, preparation of presentations.
- Ensures that the consultation process is exhaustive, and feedback emanating from it is synthesised efficiently;
- Maintains a close working relationship to facilitate a cohesive and integrated approach in the Authority’s operations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Chief of Operations.
- High level of professional competence and team player skills;
- Quality of contribution and self-organised;
- Implementation and enforcement of MCA decisions;
- Commitment to internal policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Degree in economics or accountancy (or equivalent ACCA, MIA);
- Ability to deliver on analytical and research work, economic/financial modelling and to evaluate, assimilate and report on findings;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Proficiency in the use of office automation tools, particularly MS Excel & Word; and
- Excellent command of verbal, written and interpersonal communication (Maltese and English).
Candidates are invited to send their covering letter and CV to: email@example.com