Position Title: Financial Analyst Economic
Organisation: Malta Communications Authority
Reporting to: Chief of Operations; Manager, Market Modelling
Jobsplus Permit Number: 358/2021
Prime Focus of Position:
- Accountable to the Chief of Operations and the Manager, Market Modelling in the execution of projects and tasks (incl research, and analysis) in sectored areas falling under the regulatory supervision of the MCA.
- Participates and/or contributes towards the achievement of MCA objectives across operational disciplines.
- Assist in collecting market, economic, and financial information for Electronic Communication and Postal Services, its analysis, and other processes related thereto;
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing operator’s compliance with regulations;
- Assist in the implementation of the EU communications framework;
- Assist in carrying out research on regulatory issues;
- Assist in the compilation and validation/quality assurance of data gathered by the MCA and internal/external data reports and publications on a timely basis;
- Participates in or manages initiatives as assigned by the Chief of Operations and the Manager, Market Modelling.
- Assist to develop action plans and the formulation of well researched and coherent project plans or position papers on regulatory issues;
- Assist to review and update regulatory structures in respect of operational matters;
- Assist in the implementation of various measures and other obligations mandated on authorised undertakings.
- Assist in carrying out research, assimilates markets intelligence, and recommends strategic options with respect to areas assigned;
- Assist in information modelling related to the regulation of market players;
- Assist in writing of public consultations, drafting of decisions, preparation of presentations.
- Communicate with the operators and other key industry stakeholders to raise greater awareness and understanding of the authority’s mission and mandate;
- Support the drafting of public consultations and drafting of decisions that the MCA publishes;
- Ensures that the consultation process is exhaustive, and feedback emanating from it is synthesised efficiently;
- Maintains a close working relationship to facilitate a cohesive and integrated approach in the Authority’s operations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Chief of Operations.
- High level of professional competence and team player skills;
- Quality of contribution and self-organised;
- Implementation and enforcement of MCA decisions;
- Commitment to internal policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Degree in statistics, economics or accountancy or related fields;
- Ability to deliver on analytical and research work, data modelling and to evaluate, assimilate and report on findings;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Proficiency in the use of IT tools, particularly for data analytics & presentation and office automation; and
- Excellent command of verbal, written and interpersonal communication (Maltese and English).