Prime focus of the role
Accountable to the Senior Manager, ICT & Technologies and responsible for the planning, organising, implementing and controlling of information technology initiatives in support of the operational role of the Malta Communications Authority (MCA).
Provides technical expertise and knowledge together with operational and end-user support to the MCA Units on information and communications technology matters.
Participates and contributes towards the achievement of MCA objectives across all operational units.
Coordinates the promotion / implementation of regulatory related projects that fall under the remit of the IMU focused on digital.
Coordinates the implementation of assigned projects / initiatives under the remit of the IMU
- Implements and maintains an up to date IT/IS strategy and policy for the MCA.
- Designs and supports the internal ERP processes based around Access Dimensions and FocalPoint.
- Designs, develops and supports applications and related procedures based around the MS SharePoint product set to process data and resolve business problems.
- Involvement in the design, development and deployment of web applications based on diverse forms technologies, from specification, through testing to implementation and following quality standards and processes.
- Helps ensure the correct functioning of the organisation’s IT systems at all times.
- Assists in the management of information plans, through systematic identification of information needs, and of the associated risks and benefits; thereby driving organisation-wide information sharing.
- Implements and maintains an adequate security policy to ensure safety, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Forward looking planning and performing of network upgrades, updates, re-designs and enhancements.
- Develops and implements IT and IS training and awareness strategies within the MCA.
- Develops and ensures the appropriateness and integrity of records and knowledge management tools and systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of initiatives / projects and liaise between all stakeholders as appropriate.
- Conduct research on the related themes as required.
- Represent the MCA on committees, meetings and other events as required, both locally and abroad.
- Delivers presentations as needed in support of IMU initiatives / projects.
- Performs any other task assigned by the Senior Manager, ICT & Technologies.
Coordinates other personnel as may be directed by the Senior Manager, ICT & Technologies in fulfilment of the IMU’s
Implements project activities in accordance with agreed plans and MCA project management proced
Recommends new initiatives and work plans leading to the achievement of objectives relating to the Unit’s
Coordinates with the organisation’s ICT related vendors.
Essential skills required and selection criteria
- Degree or higher (EQF level 6) in Computing, IT or a related discipline.
- Experience with the Microsoft Server platform.
- Proven experience in an SQL environment and SQL Reporting.
- Proven experience in a SharePoint environment.
- Experience of backup/restore processes.
- Experience in cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory technologies.
- Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint.
- General networking principles.
- Knowledge of workflow will be desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create clear and concise process documentation.
- A responsible, methodical and organised approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team.
- Recognised qualifications in information technology or related fields are desirable.