We are looking for an External Relations Analyst to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Prime focus of position:
- Performs tasks related to EU/international issues falling within the MCA’s sphere of activity;
- Carries out research and analysis on EU/international developments and provides advice accordingly;
- Liaises on behalf of the Authority with external entities including international organisations, ministries and other government agencies;
- Contributes towards the achievement of MCA’s objectives across all operational disciplines.
- Monitors the Authority’s international activities, including participation in international fora;
- Monitors national, European and other international developments, including policy proposals and legislation;
- Carries out research and analysis, provides expert advice, and prepares briefing notes and proposed internal positions;
- Drafts positions to be recommended to Government, ensuring that national interests are taken into account and safeguarded;
- Works at ensuring that the MCA/Malta fulfils its international obligations within the ambit of the communications sector;
- Coordinates MCA responses to requests for information from external sources;
- Develops an excellent understanding of international matters of relevance to the MCA or to Malta and represents the Authority, and as necessary Malta, in meetings held in Malta or abroad and defends the Authority’s / Malta’s position during such meeting;
- Researches funding opportunities both for the Authority as well as for the communications sector.
Qualifications / Skills Required;
- University degree preferably in a field related to Management, European Studies, International Relations or a similar discipline;
- Preferably with 2 years experience in a similar role (EU / International Affairs);
- Well-developed organisational skills;
- Aptitude for research and analysis;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (Maltese and English) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lead and/or participate as a team member;
- Proficient in the use of an extensive range of office automation.
Jobsplus Permit Number 356/2016
Vacancy Closing Date:
Monday 30th April 2018