Prime Focus of Position
A clerical officer provides secretarial and administrative assistance to the Authority’s functional Groups.
- Provides secretarial and administrative assistance as required and in accordance to office conventions or practices such as the photocopying, faxing and formatting of documents, maintaining diaries and the compilation of status and other reports;
- Organises meetings and appointments;
- Prepares routine letters and other correspondence as directed;
- Prepares agendas and relative briefs / minutes;
- Takes follow-up action on meeting decisions.
- General administrative and secretarial support;
- Performs reception duties, as required;
- Offers advice on improvements to the secretarial and administrative support function;
- Researches and recommends options on assigned projects;
- Conducts any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- O’levelstandard of education of six (6) passes in any subject plus 1 year experience in clerical duties; An ECDL certification is also required.
- Attendance of courses in secretarial, administration, business and management will be considered an asset.
- Organisational ability to provide quality secretarial support.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both Maltese and English.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Smart appearance.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to organise own work, use initiative and tact and work with the minimum of supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications particularly word, excel and power point.
Candidates should send their CV and covering letter by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact our Human Resources team on +356 21336840